Problems getting DB MIB variables' values

From: informatique <informatique_at_electricite-strasbourg.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:25:45 +0200

Hi.

Problem's data :

# 8.0.5 under AIX 4.3, none access to DB MIBs variables. The
privileges of Oracle's DBSNMP Agent are strictly those allowed by catsnmp.sql script.

I am almost sure that the connection between master and sub-agent is done. Nevertheless, when tryning to get the values of RDBMS, the error message I receive is "No value(s) returned for query"; by the side of Oracle MIB, the error message is "The variable doesn't exist or is read only".

Snmpd is up, Oracle's dbsnmp is up. So, what's the matter ?

Possible cause: the subagent doesn't not only read tables like v$sysstat to get MIB values, but also writes to them thanks to TNS. So it needs more privileges, to retrieve MIB variables.

Hot-lines are cold.

I am not drunk.

Any help.
Stephane. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 09:25:45 CDT