Help:Deploying existing fmx on Oracle Web App Server

From: Kok Yeong Haur <laodi_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:49:49 +0800

Hello everyone,

Hope somebody can help a newbie with this problem: I'm trying to deploy an existing Form-Builder Application (.fmx) on the web in a three-tiered architecture - front-end client browsers interfacing with a middle tier application server and a Oracle backend database server. I've already installed Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.1 on the WinNT application server, but now faces the following problem trying to make the application work.

According to the manual, I need to create virtual directories on my web server, which would then be mapped to physical directories where my app and cartridge HTML files reside. But how do I do that (create the virtual dir) using Oracle web server? (since my previous IIS on the same server is already stopped after installing the new web server).

Also, the instructions on how to link up the existing .fmx with the cartridge application are somewhat unclear as well.

Would really appreciate any help or suggestions from anybody, especially those who've deployed similar projects as. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks a zillion.

Cheers,
laodi
(alt email: laodi_at_cyberway.com.sg) Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 07:49:49 CDT