cache problem OAS

From: <seiferta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:43:32 GMT

                    I wrote a Java-Application that runs within the OAS
                    (Oracle Application Server 4.0). I'm trying to
                    generate a random number with this application but
                    this happens only on the first time when I start the
                    App. The second time the generation fails or
                    produces the number 0 (I'm not using global
variables).
                    Here is the java code producing the number

                    int max=9999999999;

                    String randomNumber =
                    Double.toString((int)(Math.round(Math.random()))*m
                    ax);

                    What's wrong with this snippet. Is this an OAS
                    cache problem ?

                    Any ideas are appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 06:43:32 CDT