Re: Basic problem on export

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:57:24 +0200

If you are running on Unix you could compress your export online the basic idea is create a pipe with mknod start a compress session with &
export to the pipe.
There is a script of Thomas Kyte in the Deja archives, which will so this in detail and also at the same time creates multiple file smaller than 2G

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Laufrech <laufrech_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:19990627144239.06508.00004499_at_ng-fo1.aol.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have to use the exp command of Oracle 8.04 to extract some data from my
> database for backup purpose.
>
> But, I have a basic problem: limitation to 2 Go for a user. Is there any
better
> tool or I have to split my tables and then export them ? I could make an
ASCII