Experiences w/PDF output from Reports Server?

From: <clapoint149_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:42:08 GMT

Hello,

     Can anyone share their experiences (good and bad) with producing PDF Reports using the Oracle Developer Reports Server (3.0 or 6.0)? I currently have a Reports 3.0 Server running on a Unixware 7 machine, but I'm a little suspicious about the quality of its PDF output. Often, my Acrobat Reader (v4.0 embedded in IE5) cannot render at least part of my reports, and on my desktop I rarely am able to print the report (General protection faults). From other machines, however, even those equipped exactly the same as mine (same OS, same versions of Acrobat Reader and browser, etc.) there are sometimes no problems at all w/printing. From personal experimentation, the printing success rate here stands at about 50%. Can anyone venture a guess as to the true cause of these problems? Is it Acrobat? Is it the Reports Server? Is it Windows95,98,NT? Is it all of these things? Is the Reports Server truly ready for prime-time when it comes to producing PDF Reports, or is it not quite there yet? Is Reports 6.0 any better? Please e-mail your responses directly to me at cary_at_nams.net. Thanks in advance.

Cary

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 15:42:08 CDT