Re: Oracle for Linux

From: <burtonator_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:33:01 GMT

Oracle 7 is not available for Linux. Only Oracle 8. It is also only supported on RedHat 5.2. When I mean only supported I mean you WILL have an amazingly hard time getting it to run on a GLIBC 2.1 platform (Redhat 6.0 or anything that runs GLIBC 2.1).

It has to do with Oracle providing Object files that we statically linked to GLIBC 2.0 and then trying to link then with 2.1 when you install.

You should search DejaNews more on this subject if you are seriously interested.

Kevin

In article <7kv68o$u53$1_at_as102.tel.hr>,   "Dubravko" <gk-igk_at_ka.tel.hr> wrote:
> Where can I get trial ver. of Oracle7 for Linux - Debian.
>
> Dubravko

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 15:33:01 CDT