Re: URGENT: Temporary Tables

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kstahl_at_lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:42:10 -0400

Actually, it can be done and is, in fact, done all the time - just not in the way that you are probably thinking about.

If you create a view or define a cursor that performs a sort or a join in any way, a tempoary table is constructed in the tablespace designated as temporary tablespace for your login account. This table is read-only and only exists within the scope of the cursor that was used to query the data. You cannot directly manipulate this table - you can only read it through one time and when the cursor goes out of scopt the object is destroyed.