PL/SQL table attribute problem

From: Wayland Reid <wayland_at_spectrumanalytic.com.spam>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:07:02 -0400

I have a problem in PL/SQL that I hope someone can help me with. I'm running Oracle 7.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.4, so it may be a problem with old software.

In any event here is the problem. I've written a function which uses PL/SQL tables (not DB tables). Everything works fine until I try to use any of the table attributes (e.g., COUNT, FIRST, LAST, NEXT). The function compiles with no errors, but when I try to invoke it, receive this error:

ORA-06571: Function F_BRANCH does not guarantee not to update database

If I comment out lines using table attributes and put in dummy values, the function operates correctly (though not accurately since the data isn't right.)

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a way to inform PL/SQL that there will be no database changes or updates?

Thanks,
Wayland Reid Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 11:07:02 CDT