Re: URGENT: Temporary Tables

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:53:58 +0200

yitbsal_at_statcan.ca wrote in message <7ku6r1$hd4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

>I want to create a temporary table -- visible only within a session
>-- in a stored procedure. Is this possible?

No.

Now that was too easy to answer. That won't do in this newsgroup. So let me try again... :-)

temp tables? - ala SQL-Server style? No, not in Oracle.

tables visible only within a session? - No (Oracle security works at user/schema level and not physical session/process level - you can not grant rights or privs to a session)

create a table in a stored proc? - Yes (using the dynamic SQL stored proc package).

Maybe if you tells us what the requirement is behind all this, we can try and come up with alternative solutions?

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 04:53:58 CDT