Re: "desc tab_name@db_link" doesn't work from 8.0 towards 7.3

From: Mark G <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:00:43 +0100

I have a db link as well, they are both on oracle 8 but the desc doesn't seem to work either. It seems that desc assumes that the table is in the same db.

What you can do is...

 select column_name, decode(nullable,'Y','','NOT NULL') "Null?",  data_type type, data_length length
 from user_tab_columns_at_DB_LINK
 where table_name = 'CUSTOMER'

Should *almost* replicate the desc function

Mark