MML vs. Media Manager- terminology

From: <bcompson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:45:56 GMT

Hello,

I am working on documentation about Oracle Backups with RMAN and EBU. The Oracle documents I have seem ambiguous about the names Media Manager and Media Management Library. Are they the same thing? If not what is the difference?

Also anyone know where I can find an example of an EBU script that will use an MML. Where do you specify whether to go to disc or an MML? The Oracle7 EBU Admin Guide is poorly indexed. RMAN is a little better.

Thanks

Quentin Compson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:45:56 CDT