Re: Obtaining DDL creation scripts from oracle

From: Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com.nospam>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:03:49 -0400

Oracle has Designer 2000 which will do reverse engineering. Also, a product called ERwin will do it.

Another way is do a full export of the database not including data. Then when you run import use the following command:

imp show=y log=mydb.txt

Instead of doing the import it will write all of the create DDL to the file mydb.txt. You will have to go in a take out the " marks, but you will have the scripts.

Kenny Gump