Re: default precision and scale of NUMBER datatype?

From: <allenu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:54:12 GMT

So it doesn't have a default precision per se, but it does have 38 significant digits? I'm simply wondering how many digits can be on either side of the decimal when no precision is specified.

Thanks for your help,
Allen

In article <37722e6a.9072773_at_newshost.uk.oracle.com>,   mplant_at_uk.oracle.com (Mark Plant) wrote:
> Allen
>
> Oracle stores numbers in an internal, portable form, to 38 significant
> digits.
>
> Hope this answers your question.
>
> Mark
>
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:20:57 GMT, allenu_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >Can someone tell me what the default precision and scal of the NUMBER
> >datatype is if these two details aren't specified? i.e. some_number
> >number(10) gives precision of 10, but what about some_number number?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Allen
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 12:54:12 CDT