Re: iDevelop 99 conferences

From: <howardparks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:03:49 GMT

In article <7j8ipe$c7v$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   howardparks_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <3755C83A.81AAB7F_at_ihug.co.nz>,
> compobs_at_ihug.co.nz wrote:
> > What are these like - do you really learn anything or is it mainly
> > marketing ?
>
> I'll tell you in a couple weeks. I'll be attending the Boston
> conference June 22-23rd.

Okay, I'm back! Lots of marketing ... yes. But product demonstrations galore, including a chance to try it out yourself. They register you for only one of the hands-on sessions, but will let you in if there is room to others.

If you are wanting to learn about Oracle's internet strategy, this is the perfect conference. You will hear about Designer/Developer, both together, how they are used separately and together, and Developer Server for putting your Developer forms on the web. I attended sessions on WebDB (impressive) and Oracle Application Server (which was mostly over my head). There many sessions on Java, of which I attended only one, and several on Oracle 8i, none of which I attended.

If you have more specific questions, e-mail me. I thought it was definitely worth the $695. I went there in expectation of learning about some things we will be using in a year or so. I came back _knowing_ how we can use some of these technologies right now.

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 11:03:49 CDT