Re: How do I commit in a PL/SQL procedure in Forms 4.5?

From: Newt <rcoleman_at_emta.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:41:28 GMT

In article <37719020.9043748_at_news.remarq.com>,   Scotto_at_scotto.com (Scotto!) wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:38:39 +0800, Geoff White
> <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Scotto! wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a block that is a non-base table block. I take some
> >> input from the users and then based on that, I run a PL/SQL
> >> that inserts rows into one table. Pretty simple. I have a submit
> >> button that has the PL/SQL in a when-button pressed trigger.
> >> When I just go into sqlplus and run it, I would put a commit at the
> >> end. But in Forms, I get a message that says Nothing to save (or no
> >> changes to save - something like that.)
> >>
> >> I am now suppressing the message, but there should be a way
> >> to commit. I tried commit_form also with the same results.
> >>
> >> Thanks very much in advance.
> >> Scott G.
> >> IKEA North America
> >
> >Suppressing the message is how I handle this. I have the 3 lines of
code
> >in a procedure and just call that. Another way to do it is to use the
> >forms_ddl built-in do perform a database commit.
> >
> >HTH
> >Geoff
> >

> Hi Geoff,
>
> Thanks very much for the reply. I will try forms_ddl.
>
> Take care,
> Scott G.

Here's something we use quite frequently:

     :system.message_level := 5;
     commit;
     :system.message_level := 0;

Setting the message_level to 5 prevents the confirmation dialogue being displayed for the commit.

Hope this helps.
Richard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 10:41:28 CDT