Re: What Book is the best for the oracle begginer?

From: Michael P. Hughes <mhughes_at_ccmi-net.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:57:48 GMT

Hello,

I am also new to Oracle and so my knowledge is very limited. However, if you want a ton of information from one book buy "Oracle8 - The Complete Reference" by the Oracle Press. It should have pretty much any & everything you need to get started. You can find it at most large bookstores (real or online). If you want the real quick and dirty SQL statements etc. pick up "A Guide To SQL featuring Oracle." You might have to do a bit of searching for this one, the last author was Philip J. Pratt. Good luck.

-Mike