Beasty View

From: Adrian Simpson <adsimpson_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:41:57 +1200

I have a view that selcts from 4 tables and 1 view. The size of the tables range from 300,000 rows to 6.5 million rows. This figure will grow each week. At the moment it takes over twelve hours to get it's act together and start selecting the rows. It runs on a server that has heaps of grunt so that should not be a problem.

Apart from optimising it so that it uses all of the indexes in all of the tables (which we are doing at the moment) is there any other suggestions out there, anything we are forgetting and should be doing?

Cheers
Adrian. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 05:41:57 CDT