Re: ODBC ignores priveleges?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:44:18 +0200

>Gerard Tromp <tromp_at_sanger.med.wayne.edu> wrote in message

> I have a peculiar situation. When using sqlplus on the server, any
> particular user can only see the tables created by, or granted to, that
> user (direcly or via role). When the database is queried using ODBC from
> a Win95 client, however, all the tables in the tablespace are visible
> and are selectable. Any clues?

ODBC can -NOT- ignore Oracle security. It is subject to the exact same security/authorisation as any other Oracle client process.

I suspect that you are using a "SELECT * FROM user_tables" in the non-ODBC case and that a "SELECT * FROM all_tables" is used in ODBC.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 04:44:18 CDT