Oracle error 4021

From: Mike Macaskill <mym_at_bom.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:53:07 +0000

My problem is this:

I have been working a PL/SQL package, in the process of weeding out some bugs. Unfortunately I did not have the code set up to catch the situation where the program is in an infinite loop - there is no fall-back condition such as a counter value to stop the procedure if goes out of hand. Is there any way of "killing" (without having to ask the DBA) the process so that I recompile the package?

The error message I get when attempting to compile the locked module is

ORA-04021: time-out occurred while waiting to lock object name

The way I see it, I should be able to kill my own job.

Thanks for any assistance.

--

Mike Macaskill                  Ph (03) 9669 4265
Computing Support              Fax (03) 9669 4515