Re: play sounds with PL/SQL ?

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:47:34 GMT

Sorry but ORACLE is a database, not an operating system. You will have to go outside Oracle and PL/SQL to run sound files. If you still want to do thst, look into using DBMS_PIPE and hooking into the programs that handle sound files. Or do it via web pages using Oracle web server. (sounds still handled by something more than PL/SQL).

In article <7kqqhi$860$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Wassim <net2000_at_francemel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know how can i produce sounds with PL/SQL :
> - using internal speakers...
> - or playing a wav file !
>
> I want to produce sound like ### with PL/SQL when certain conditions
are
> verified !
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> Wassim.
> e-mail: net2000_at_francemel.com

Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.
ORACLE services
440-498-3702

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 11:47:34 CDT