rman register command - HELP!

From: Esther Shaw <eshaw_at_tcimet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:55:07 -0400

Hi

Oracle Newbie here. I'm trying to set up rman on a Linux box. I've managed to create the schema and the documentation now says "register the database." Anything I'm entering is generating an error message. I started the rman program and have tried

RMAN> register mydb;
RMAN> register 'mydb';
RMAN> register database mydb;

I'm frustrated with this. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Esther Shaw Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 09:55:07 CDT