Re: TimeStamps

From: Chris Nelson <ChrisNelson_at_eaton.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:48:29 -0400

Howdy.

The date type also contains a time component. You can display it with: TO_CHAR( date_type_column, 'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss')

to show time in 24-hour format, or you could omit the day portion, with:

TO_CHAR( date_type_column, 'hh12:mi:ss')

for only 12-hour time format. Of course, you could substitute 12-hour and 24-hour formats at will in these examples.

Chris