NLS support in Linux Oracle

From: Peter Duffy <peter_at_mhoram.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:33:28 +0100

I'm currently trying to get an Oracle client (8.0.5.1) under Linux
(RH5.2) to talk to an Oracle8i server on Solaris.

Last week, I had it working, and things were looking good. However, we've just had to rebuild the server to use the UK English character set
(NLS_LANG='ENGLISH_UNITED KINGDOM.WE8ISO8859P15'): having done this,
obviously, the client and the server have problems communicating. However, when I came to alter the client to bring it into synch with the server, I found that apparently UK English is not supported by Oracle for Linux!! (at any rate, it doesn't appear in the NLS list.)

Has anyone else hit this, and if so, is there a workaround? (Or am I missing something?)

Any help greatly appreciated.
TIA
--
Peter Duffy Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 19:33:28 CDT