Returning recordsets from JDBC

From: Aik Khoon <panadol_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:56:04 +0800

Hi,

I have been trying to retrieve resultsets with multiple columns (e.g. 4) using
JDBC and PL/SQL function routine but no records showed up even though I can execute the function successfully from SQL*Plus.

Question :
1. I am returning the resultsets using CURSOR through a function routine.

    create or replace function getallresult()     return types.cursorType

       l_cursor types.cursorType;
    as

      open l_cursor ......select ename, eno, address, phone from tablex;
      return l_cursor;

    end;

    Is the a limit to the size of the column...?     I'm returning > 200 bytes through the cursor

2. Is this limitation pertaining to function?

    I can manage to return recordsets with one column.

3. Can someone suggest a more effective way?

TIA, Aik khoon. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 11:56:04 CDT