Newbie Oracle Date question

From: <kwaks_at_linelnt1.light.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:38:32 GMT

I'm a PowerBuilder programmer whose boss wants them to assign the date value of '01/01/0000' to an Oracle date field. PowerBuilder will accept this date and save it to Oracle. Oracle's date format (to_date) will not allow this entry via PL/SQL.

My question: What problems will this, if any, cause. I'm not comfortable putting this date in but it is accepted.

Developing in PowerBuilder 5.0.02 using Oracle 7 and Oracle 8.

Thanks!
K Kwak
kwaks_at_linelnt1.light.ge.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 09:38:32 CDT