Re: Housing 2 Oracle DBs on 1 server

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:02:26 -0400

In article <slrn7mnjrr.a3.asmolar_at_mallard.ultranet.com>, asmolar_at_mallard.ultranet.com says...
> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:31:40 +0200, ManniP_at_Hotmail.com wrote:
> >Yes, but with two different Oracle S.I.D.
> >

> Can someone briefly run through the steps on setting up a second SID?
>
> This is what I tried:
> Copied the init*.ora and config*.ora files, and edited them to have unique
> SID information and file paths.
> Started the SID with svrmgrl
> Ran a CREATE DATABASE command (taking mostly defaults)
>
> It didn't create any Rollback segments, I had to do them by hand. It also
> didn't seem to create the system tablespace, which my Oracle Documentation
> said that it would do.
>
> Also I created a User in the database successfully, but when I tried to drop
> the user, I got a weird error about some recursive problem.
>
> Where might I have gone wrong?
>
> >Just4SC wrote:
> >
> >> Hi! This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if it is possible
> >> to have two databases running simultaneously on one Oracle 8.05 server?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

Did you put the new instance in its own directory?

Liz, who has 6 instances running on the same HP-UX box --
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P dot C O M Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 09:02:26 CDT