Re: Hod do I select the last 100 records of a Table.

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kstahl_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:21:05 -0400

I'll give you a kluge fix. It isn't pretty or elegant, but it will work.

Select the first 100 rowid's into a pl/sql table. Then read the table from the highest to the lowest index value and use the rowid to select the row.

Keep this in mind though - unless you have some type of natural key (ssn, for instance), the whole concept of record order is meaningless. In essence the order becomes whatever order you want it to be. So really, there is no particular concept of the first 100 records, last 100 records or even first and last records. The first record will always be whatever your cursor returns as the first record.

Ken