Re: How do I use go_item when I validate user input?

From: Fraser Boswell <Fraser.Boswell_at_spamme.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:20:42 +0100

You could try this:
Set a global variable like :Global.check_now. When the form loads set it to 'FALSE'. Then when the post-text-item fires on the field to be validated set the check_now to 'TRUE'. At Block level set a When-new-item-instance trigger which starts IF :global.check_now = 'TRUE' THEN
  :global.check_now = 'FALSE';
  --validate here
  --if not validated then
    --message('not validated');
    --RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE
  --end if
END IF;
This will work fine if you're only validating one field, more than one and it'd take more work. This IS a lot easier in VB but I suppose there are reasons for it.

Fraser