How do I use go_item when I validate user input?

From: Scotto! <Scotto_at_scotto.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:49 GMT

Hi,

I know this is a restricted built-in and that Navigational Triggers should not use this type, but it does work and I want to use it. I just get the message that an illegal use of a restricted procedure go_item.

What I want to do is when I validate the input with the when-validate trigger and the input is invalid, I want to put the input focus on the invalid item. I know how to do it in VB without error or message. But I cannot figure out how to do it in Forms 4.5.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Go_item does not work in the next-item trigger either.

I could temporarily suppress the message, but I should not have to do that. If input is invalid, I should be able to keep focus at the item.

Thanks in advance,
Scott G.
IKEA North America Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 23:00:49 CDT