Re: Help installing ORACLE on LINUX

From: Mr.X <pandore_at_itr.qc.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:04:10 GMT

If you use Redhat 6, this is the problem... There was no problem with Redhat 5.2 but something goes wrong for Oracle in the new kernel.
I just read that last week in a newsgroup. The only way that I know to make it works with Redhat 6
is to install Redhat 5.2, install Oracle and after that you can upgrade Redhat 5.2 to Redhat 6.
Yeah I know, nobody wants to do that...