Creating Objects with Oracle 8i's SQLPlus

From: <benfornshell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:35:36 GMT

Hello,

     I would greatly appreciate input on how to resolve this problem I'm having. I've just freshly installed Oracle 8i and after loading up SQLPlus I tried to create the following object type:

create type ADDRESS_TY as object
  (Street VARCHAR2(50),
   City VARCHAR2(25),
   State CHAR(2),
   Zip NUMBER);

After pressing enter on the last line sqlplus simply increments to the next number as if the entry were not complete. Any thoughts on where I'm goofing this?

Much thanks,

Ben Fornshell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 14:35:36 CDT