DBMS Oracle 7.3 is not supported in your installation - error

From: John DOe <jdoe_at_Umkc.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:34:25 -0500

Hello -
I am running into trouble upgrading my Oracle and Infomaker software. Here's the senario:

Infomaker 5.0.02 is installed
Oracle 7 is installed

I upgrade the Infomaker to 5.0.04 and select all of the Native Database drivers. After the reboot, Infomaker still works fine.

I run the Oracle 8 install and only select the SQL *Net. This is the only portion we are wanting install, since it is the only portion of 7 that isn't Y2K complient.

After rebooting the system again and running Infomaker, I get the following error message:

DBMS Oracle 7.3 is not supported in your installation.

I don't know why I am getting this message, since Oracle is installed.

Also, I don't have this problem with every machine. There have been a couple that have upgraded with no problems at all. But most have been giving this message.

Please e-mail replies to burgerlm_at_umkc.edu.

Thank you!!
Lynn Burger Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 15:34:25 CDT