Re: [Fwd: How to change the SQL PLUS Window's Title]

From: thiru <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:08:33 -0400

Hi Palani,
I am not sure if this possible because the Login Database Name is a Runtime variable unless you always connect to the Same Db.

For eg , after Logging on to DB_1 using sqlplus,
> connect User/pass_at_DB_2

will change the Login Database name to DB_2 and I dont think you can reflect this on the Title.

However you can try to set the SQL Prompt in the Sqlplus Startup Script glogin.sql
based on the Database name you are connecting to. But Still I am looking for a Perfect script which can dynamically change the Sql Prompt reflecting the USername/Database name you are connected to.

-Thiru