Re: TNS could not resolve service name

From: Kumar, Sai (EXCHANGE:PERPK:3374) <saikumar_at_nortel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:10:12 -0400

william wrote:

> may i know how to solve this error : TNS could not resolve service name? i
> try to connect my oracle's client pc link to oracle database server. it came
> out this problem. how to solve it? i started my lsnrctl already and database
> server but i still can not solve it. pls help me. thank you.
> pls email to me : william43_at_hotmail.com

William,

Try doing the following from the client :-

tnsping <service_name>

It should come out with <ok> status. If it does then it is able to communicate with ur server properly and the problem may be somewhere else. If not then check ur listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

Thanks
Sai Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 08:10:12 CDT