Re: Help installing ORACLE on LINUX

From: <scott.daniels_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:13:59 GMT

In article <al8b3.4028$d5.409156_at_news21b.ispnews.com>,   "HunterX" <Hunterx_at_linkline.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up ORACLE on my LINUX box (RedHat)and the
>instructions say I need to set the kernel parameters. Could
> someone please tell me how??

I didn't, and it seemd to install and run OK (using RHS 5.2). But if you really do need to change kernel params, you will be rebuilding the kernel.
Get the Linux HOW-TO on this topic ('rebuilding kernel' or some such). it's not really that hard, tho a bit time-consuming and perhaps even scary.
Basically, YOU RERUN A KERNAL config program ('make config' ?) and answer the questions... The recompile, install, reboot. HTH Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 23:13:59 CDT