Re: what is OCP good for?

From: <rdong_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 01:56:56 GMT

In article <376BB983.B69BE8A7_at_online.de>,   BM Lam <1116-530_at_online.de> wrote:
> I am a freelance with some working experience with Oracle. I wonder if
> it is worth to invest in becoming an OCP. One possible benefit I see
is
> going thru the exam preparation does help to deepen one's expertise.
> What else?
>
> It would be also interesting to know how many OCP's are out there,
just
> to get an idea.

More and more people are getting their OCP so one could take the view that its value as a means of differentiating yourself from others in the job market is depreciating; or you could take the view that OCP is a necessity since so many others are getting it.

If anything, the exam preparation will expand your knowledge. I felt that too many questions dealt with command syntax; isn't that what manuals are for?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 20:56:56 CDT