Help on publishing a database in xml format

From: George Laloussis <lalois_at_the.forthnet.gr>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:23:27 +0300

My assignment is to publish an Oracle database to the web in xml format.

I'm a newcomer in xml , so forgive me if my questions are naive. The database was developed in Oracle8 and the developers asked me to generate xml documents from SQL queries via ODBC , apply a stylesheet on

them and publish them either in xml format or transform them to html. I first thought that PLSXML was what I needed but it requires Oracle web

application server which we do not have.As I wrote I'm supposed to retrieve data via ODBC.
Could anyone please tell me how should I begin? What software do I need to retrieve data from the database and generate xml documents?
I'd appreciate any help and information.

George. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 16:23:27 CDT