Re: Oracle Import: Behaviour on Table Initial Extent

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:30:45 +0200

Hi Yat-Fan,

Some clarification
export can be done with compress=Y and compress=N The latter option will export all tables without modifications to the original storage clause.
The former option will calculate the number of blocks allocated to the table, so basically the sum of all extents alllocated, and take that as value of initial in the storage clause. So with compress is yes the initial extent equals the size of the original table, whatever empty space there has been in that table.
So you simply need to specify compress=n, or answer n to that question in interactive mode

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA