Oracle Import: Behaviour on Table Initial Extent

From: Yat-Fan <fan.ho_at_alumni.ust.hk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:51:27 +0800

Hi all,

I found that the initial extent of an imported table is the final extent of the original table, unless
the table skeleton is originally created.

Here comes the problem when I have a large table with a large extent, imported to a "empty" database since the each datafile is smaller than the size of this extent.

How can I ask the import/export facility to keep the original initial extent of objects? (since I found that in the export dump file, the final extent is taken as the initial).

Many thanks.

If possible, besides replying to the newsgroup, please cc: one copy of your reply to me at fan.ho_at_alumni.ust.hk

Rgds.,
fan (Yat-Fan Ho, KCRC, Hong Kong) Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 07:51:27 CDT