Re: Housing 2 Oracle DBs on 1 server

From: Tony Smolar <asmolar_at_mallard.ultranet.com>
Date: 19 Jun 1999 17:18:39 GMT

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:31:40 +0200, ManniP_at_Hotmail.com wrote:
>Yes, but with two different Oracle S.I.D.

Can someone briefly run through the steps on setting up a second SID?

This is what I tried:
  Copied the init*.ora and config*.ora files, and edited them to have unique SID information and file paths.
  Started the SID with svrmgrl
  Ran a CREATE DATABASE command (taking mostly defaults)

It didn't create any Rollback segments, I had to do them by hand. It also didn't seem to create the system tablespace, which my Oracle Documentation said that it would do.

Also I created a User in the database successfully, but when I tried to drop the user, I got a weird error about some recursive problem.

Where might I have gone wrong?

--

Tony Smolar

asmolar_at_ma.ultranet.com                    home email
http://www.ultranet.com/~asmolar           homepage