Re: Anyone know the Pass Scores for Oracle Certification tests?

From: William Richard Jones, CCP <wjones_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:58:12 -0500

The following is just my opinion based on successfully taking the four exams and also reading various literature. The number of answers you get right does not match over exactly to a scaled score. I believe they have several exams for each area; moreover, they norm each exam (i.e., percentiles, Standard deviation, etc) by using Beta testers, etc. So a score of lets say 56 on one exam may not be the same as 56 on another exam. The questions and exams don't have equal weight. For example, I received a 56 raw score on one exam (scale 760) and 50 raw score on another (scale 720). I believe they use the Bell curve similiar to the way certain college tests are done (i.e., 200-800 SAT, GRE, etc.).

But the passing scale socre is a scale score of 620. At least it was for my four exams.

Regards,

William