Update field from field in different table

From: <mred_at_qconline.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:30:04 GMT

I have to update the vendor_name field in table A with values from the vendor_name field from table B, where the vendor_id fields from each table match.
Something like:
update tableA
set tableA.vendor_name =
tableB.vendor_name
where tableA.vendor_id = tableB.vendor_id But this doesn't work. It returns an error saying tableB.vendor_id is an invalid field. What am I doing wrong? My guess is that this can't be done in SQL and I will have to use PL/SQL. Any syntax in either case would be greatly appreciated! Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 10:30:04 CDT