Re: Read Client File using OAS 3.0&PL/SQL

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:57:37 GMT

A copy of this was sent to sheila_english_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:55:55 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to be able to read a file from a client PC
>into a PL/SQL procedure via an HTML format. I
>have tried using:-
><FORM
>enctype="multipart/form-data"
>action="try_files.write_info"
>method="POST">
><INPUT type="file" name="file"><br>
>but, although the webserver picks up the file, I
>do not know how to configure the PL/SQL procedure
>to accept the contents (I currently use
>VARCHAR2s, but the webserver log states that no
>procedure matches the arguments)
>
>HELP!
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

the plsql cartridge with oas3.x does not support file upload. the plsql cartridge with oas4.x does.

in the meanwhile, if you have a c compiler, you can use the OWA replacement cartridge found at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ . It does support file upload. OAS3.x install directions in the file owarepl/doc/oas3.html

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 07:57:37 CDT