Re: SQL Statment

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:37:51 +0200

Witthout looking at the explain plan that's very difficult to tell, though usually both the group by and the order by result in sorts. But why don't you just write an ordinary join, like this

select rep.repnomfan, sum(pedtotinf) venda from puket.avpeca, puket.coreca rep
where avpeca.repcod = rep.repcod /* assuming you are using the rule based optimizer and you want coreca to be the driving table */ and rep.repstacod = 'A'
group by rep.repnomfan
order by venda
This should be fairly efficient.
Personally I don't see why you need inline sql, and I have a feeling the inline sql is giving you performance headaches...

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA