dbi problem?

From: <haubold_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:43:28 GMT

I try to parse some ascii-files whose size varies between some 100kB and 10MB with a perl-script. Then I use the parsed data to generate some sql-statements which I execute using functions provided by the dbi package. After a random amount of data has been parsed the following error message appears:
DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at line 1 (DBD: oexec error) at myscript.pl line 1434 <IMPORT> chunk 64738
The line and chunk numbers vary, but the rest stays the same. After the message has been repeated some hundred times, the perl-script aborts. This behavior is strange, because the statement in the mentioned line is definitely correct (It gets executed several times). Any ideas whether this is a perl, a dbi or an sql-problem?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 08:43:28 CDT