Re: Grant issues.

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:51:28 +0200

Thomas Kyte escribió:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:49:15 +0200, you wrote:

> > Anyway, a few months ago I had a very similar problem with stored
> >procedures. The procedure owner was not able to create the procedure,
> >even though with privileges explicitly granted to him, unless we
> >specified the grant option. Does anyone know why it must be so? Nothin=
> >appears about the grant option in the Administrator's Guide.

> can you give us an example of what you mean? a really small testcase t=
hat
> demonstrates this?
> =

> you don't need the grant option to create a procedure on an object.

Yes,

We've recently installed a 8.0.5 version with the upgrade patch 8.0.5.1 in a Digital Alpha v4.0.D. When one of our developers tryied to create some stored procedures he obtained an error (don't remember wich exactly) about insuficient privileges. These procedures referenced tables not owned by him but he had the needed privileges explicitly. Finally, we tried by giving him the same privileges but with the grant option and this worked fine.

As I said this occured when trying to reference a couple of tables. There were public synonyms for them and the developer had select, update and insert privileges without grant option. =

Best Regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 08:51:28 CDT