Re: Convert Long Raw to BLOB

From: Valery Yourinsky <vsu_at_softexpress.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:47:59 +0300

---
Softservice, Moscow
ORACLE PARTNER
tel/fax (095) 333-63-10, 128-18-21
http://www.softexpress.ru
ICQ# 368 97 94
second E-mail: vsur_at_usa.net

Jason <jasben_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:37473690.61246E86_at_mindspring.com...
>Look up DBMS_LOB in your Application Developer's Guide, or look in
>Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press)
>
>Josef Huber wrote:
>
>> Oracle 8.0.5
>> Can i convert my long raws to blobs ?
>> My long raw's are larger then 65K

You can use Oracle 8.1.5 features - TO_LOB function: Converts LONG or LONG RAW values in the column long_column to LOB values. You can apply this function only to a LONG or LONG RAW column, and only in the SELECT list of a subquery in an INSERT statement...

Before using this function, you must create a LOB column to receive the

converted LONG values. To convert LONGs, the LOB column must be of

type CLOB or NCLOB. To convert LONG RAWs, the LOB column must be of type BLOB.

Valery Yourinsky
---
Softservice, Moscow
ORACLE PARTNER
tel/fax (095) 333-63-10, 128-18-21
http://www.softexpress.ru
ICQ# 368 97 94
second E-mail: vsur_at_usa.net Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 07:47:59 CDT