Re: Cluster vs Unclustered

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:27:16 -0500

>I have a number of large tables that are related.
>ie EntityTable, EntitySpec, Costs, Mixes & Revenues.
>
>Now I do not know which would be better. To place all these tables on a
>single cluster (on ItemCode) or if I should place some of them on a
>seperate tablespace (With seperate disks)

It depends on how you access the data. If you always join these tables together, clustering will give you great benefits. But if you query them one table at a time, clustering will hurt you. Determine how you access the data from all these tables.

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 21:27:16 CDT