MS ACCESS as front end to ORACLE: what's possible beyond the attachment of tables?

From: <ebaechle_at_hospvd.ch>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:46:03 +0200

Hi,

The subject says it all. Most of our users are very fond of ACCESS, and they use it for pretty critical applications. We would like to use ORACLE at least to store their tables so that important datas are stored in a strong and reliable RDBMS. We would also like to take profit of ORACLE PL/SQL procedures and packages to integrate theses databases with other parts of our information system. In other words, we would like to use ACCESS as a front-end to the database.

Here's my questions:
_ What can be done to integrate ORACLE and ACCESS beyond the attachment of
  tables?
_ Is it possible to call PL/SQL procedures (within a package or not) from
  ACCESS?
_ Are there good written documentation on this topic? Where can I find it?

Thanks for your help

Emmanuel Baechler
LES HOSPICES CANTONAUX
Office Informatique
Bugnon 21
1005 Lausanne
Switzerland Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 05:46:03 CDT