Re: Very Basic Oracle 8 Client Server config question

From: Daniel Klass <klassd_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:49:54 -0600

Martin,

    My final issue was that the tnsnames.ora file on the server did not have an entry that matched my client tnsnames.ora file ( generated with the net8asst
GUI on nt ). The error message seem to imply permission issues ( slightly misleading here ).

It took me awhile to figure this last issue out. The error message as usual threw me in the wrong direction for awhile.

The only other issue originally is that NT load for client or server does not

include loading the sqlnet drivers for TCP/IP ( which I manaully requested later ). This caused my agent not be discovered until I fixed it.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Perhaps this dialog will help someone else struggling with setting up the enterprise manager client/server config.

                Dan Klass